Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis No/ engine no locatios

Hi all,
    I have a YKC Berly based on a Sierra, it has an ali strip with the chassis no stamped on it, does the chassis have any other more permanent stamping?
    Also spent a little time yesterday trying to locate the location of the engine no.on the lump, no joy, - it is a 2.0l sohc pinto -- any ideas etc?
    T

Re: Chassis No/ engine no locatios

Number is stamped on to a machined face about 1/3 the way up the block on the drivers side, toward the front.

IIRC its about 6-8 characters long.

You'll see the pad on this pic

Between the 2 sets of 4 bolt holes. Cast in numbers below and stamped in on the flat part. Blagged this off Lowcost forum - its a good source of info for sierra based kit cars

Comment

thanks Cameron, it all comes back now, age etc dims the memory!

Comment

Tony you will also find the Marlin factory no on a small strip plate NS behind engine side panel on the outside face of the passenger foot well often used as the chassis no but not always there should be an S with this no on your Berly..

Comment

thanks for that, you mean the side panels, in steel, to the ali bulkhead? if so, nothing marked, however we are talking about a YKC job not Marlin!
          Whilst on, do you still have any pics of VSG, lost the ones you sent me a couple of years ago when my laptop lost the will to live, and am now trying to pull together some pics for a small archive.
          I've sent you some info re French reg etc!
          Don't think your marlin emails working have sent 2 messages but they are not registering
          on my bit of the system!

T
          Last edited by Tony Stott; 02-11-15, 02:53 PM.

Comment

You are correct danny marlin origin but ykc finished, apologies!
            when was the new lump fitted?
            send me your email, reason as above

Comment

Working...
            X