Berli on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berli on Ebay

being a bit optomistic about getting it registered just cos he has a V5 for a Cortina - hope the bidders know this ???

Re: Berli on Ebay

Sold.£1650. Maybe the 'may be used for spares ' was a word to the wise. Shame it looked a nice car. I am surprised that no-one has come up with a solution to the front suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
      Sold.£1650. Maybe the 'may be used for spares ' was a word to the wise. Shame it looked a nice car. I am surprised that no-one has come up with a solution to the front suspension.
      I am not a Berlinetta expert but if a solution is to be found it still has to get through an ITV to validate it.
      Quite an investment in time and money, to take the risk on an unregistered vehicle when there are plenty of registered ones that can be driven away legally.

Comment

I was always under the impression that any Marlin that is out there, is better to be saved from the crusher than not. So why all the negatives, when we all know that hidden away in garages all over the planet, that are incomplete/ part built/ unregistered/or unloved Marlins,that come to the surface should be good news no matter what?. I believe that even a a ten year-old would research his next acquisition beforehand to make sure it would be a viable asset to own. Or have we all given up on them. I would like to regard myself as a curator of my daily driven Berli for the past Five years, so that others will be able to enjoy it in the future.
        So who ever did buy it do your homework and enjoy a thing of beauty
        Last edited by Alan B Gloucester; 16-11-15, 05:40 PM.

Comment

There a lot of people who still believe if you have a V5 for another car you can use it on a kit car... Looking at the Hot Rod world it seems that the DVLA are asking questions about cars which become eligable for 'historic' class which have non standard engine sizes and are asking the owners to take them to be checked !!

Comment

Re the front suspension problem -plenty of hot rod front independant suspensions available - but as said - not cheap to get through the IVA test - has anyone got a Berli through one ??

Comment

Working...
            X