X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay item number:252220225740 back again

eBay item number:

will It ever sell?
    Last edited by b_caswell; 20-12-15, 11:57 PM.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Re: eBay item number:252220225740 back again

I don,t see why not? If I had space I.d buy it !
    How much did this kit cost when new?
    And I,m guessing you could beat them down lol.

Comment

What's the problem, apart from IVA? Could it be an unfinished rebuild that could be re registered. As a newby I would be interested to know. Not that I want to buy it , no time or space.

Comment

Think if had a V5 they would have put it in the add..

Is it Triumph rear end ??

Comment

Talking with Ben about this, it was probably ex factory as a hybrid, we believe it has a Ford Anglia rear axle, and certainly it's Triumph front, but no V5.

The seller has been asked but has not replied with the chassis number - if indeed it still has one !

Do not know if it has ever been on the road and registered, hence IVA would be required, which is not easy/cheap for a Roadster
          DC

Comment

There was one a few weeks ago which came with a V5 for a Ford Anglia...!!!

Comment

This one has been up and down for several weeks. Probably worth little more than the sum of its parts and a trailer to pick it up.
              Possibly it's only worth for serious accident repair work if you get my drift.
              its a shame, but today the chassis and body are almost worthless, tomorrow could be very different.

Comment

As you say Steve - accident damage or a rusty chassis replacement .. would love the front end panels !!

Comment

I would wait and see how the mx5 version fairs before you dismiss anything.

This could be a new dawn for the roadster.

Comment

Am I missing something here?
                    Why is the chassis and body worthless?
                    Or at least worth any less than it was when bought?
                    Do these cars not pass IVA on some fundamental design flaw ? or are we all too lazy to make the effort?
                    Mmmm, thinking about I would probably be to lazy certainly, having browsed the IVA rules.

Comment

Yes it will take time, money and commitment but isn't that how kit cars are born. See the thread of the mx5 build, it could be the start of a new roadster.

Comment

Hmmm, I thought thats EXACTLY how kit cars are born lol.........with a huge amount of sheer bloody mindedness thrown in!
                        Mind you, thats age talking, I suspect the younger generation aren,t quite so persistant.
                        As I,ve said elsewhere, my son (28) looked at the Marlin and said "you know you can buy a fiesta for £350 don,t you dad...and thats got a roof"

Comment

Point taken, I have just turned 60, so you may be right but as long as someone has a vision then I for one will support them. I may not be able to do it myself.

I have a grandson who loves joining me in the garage and doesn't appear to be bored about a build that is taking years.

If all I can do is enthus someone to take up the baton then at least I have contributed to the great British spirit of doing things differently.

All i need now is land of hope and glory playing in the next background, lol

Hopefully you will see what I am aluding to.

Comment

I do! The inability to think logically in the pursuit of a dream is what made Britain great. The inability to follow anything but money is why we are in the state we are. Our son the Joiner, when he has finished a job likes to stand back and say 'That is good'. Hopefully there are more of them about. Cue ' Land of Hope & Glory. lol.

Comment

Some people think that the logic is to restore an old registered car, rather than risk that all your time, money and effort when it ends up as little more than a garden ornament, to be sold on to some unsuspecting Joe Soap on eBay recovering a fraction of the investment.

The pusuit of a dream might have made Britain great, but the history books rarely document all those projects that failed.

Comment

Working...
                              X