X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone recognise this radiator?

1) Overall Height, Tank upper to Tank lower 43cm
    2) Width 37cm
    3) Tank depth 6cm, core depth’s 5cm( 2”)
    4) Remote filler piper on offside & lower entry pipe from water pump on nearside.

Marlin Roadster Rad 5.jpgMarlin Roadster Rad 4.jpgMarlin Roadster Rad 2.jpgMarlin Roadster Rad 3.jpgMarlin Roadster Rad 1.jpg

Re: Does anyone recognise this radiator?

looks like the Austin 1800 iirc

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
      looks like the Austin 1800 iirc
      Definately not the Land Crab, mine looks nothing like that.

Adrian

Comment

Looks like it could be from a classic mini. Although it does look like there is a blanking plate under the filler cap where the inlet has been moved. If this is the case the probably not a mini.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Just found this on eBay. http://r.ebay.com/kYfRZR
          looks like it is from an Austin 1800
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
          - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Well, now I am confused, where the he'll does my one come from?

The plot thickens.

Mind you these are like rocking horse stuff, really rare.

If you need a radiator buy now, this is only the second time I have seen one for sale in the last 10 years.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
              Well, now I am confused, where the he'll does my one come from?

The plot thickens.

Mind you these are like rocking horse stuff, really rare.

If you need a radiator buy now, this is only the second time I have seen one for sale in the last 10 years.

Adrian
              This is mine, it fills the nose cone really well.

Measures 16.5 inches wide by 14.5 inches tall.

20160131_101023.jpg
              Last edited by listerjp2; 31-01-16, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Given the portrait dimensions, it's not Landcrab and its certainly not Viva/Chevette with an offset filler. I would tend to follow the Classic Mini discussion, but that would make it very small for an 1800 engine.
                It certainly looks like the lower near side connection is slightly angled, suggesting a mini, and if the header tank is wedge shaped, difficult to tell in the pics, that would nail it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                  Given the portrait dimensions, it's not Landcrab and its certainly not Viva/Chevette with an offset filler. I would tend to follow the Classic Mini discussion, but that would make it very small for an 1800 engine.
                  It certainly looks like the lower near side connection is slightly angled, suggesting a mini, and if the header tank is wedge shaped, difficult to tell in the pics, that would nail it for me.
                  The top rank of the radiator is horizontal and the bottom tank is slightly angled thick to the left and thin to the right as you look at the picture.

The nice thing is there is enough room between filler and top of nose cone to fill the radiator.

Forgot to mention it is twin core.
                  Last edited by listerjp2; 31-01-16, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                    The top rank of the radiator is horizontal and the bottom tank is slightly angled thick to the left and thin to the right as you look at the picture.

The nice thing is there is enough room between filler and top of nose cone to fill the radiator.

Forgot to mention it is twin core.
                    So where would you put your money?

Comment

Have a look here you may find something close. I bought a radiator for my Berli from this place and I remember them as being very helpful and saying they could work from a drawing.

Call 07837738709 ask for Richard.
                      Last edited by scott h; 31-01-16, 11:33 AM. Reason: Found phone number

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                        So where would you put your money?
                        No idea, that's why I am asking

If anything it's more like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEDFORD-CF...item3d0b553232

Adrian
                        Last edited by listerjp2; 31-01-16, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Dimensions seem a bit large for a mini, but it does look very much like a landcrab one I had a long while ago - iirc I sold it to one of our members.
                          1970-austin-1800-ute-2.jpg

If you are looking for a replacement I can recommend the alloy honda civic rads - fit well and very efficient - and not much money either. Adrian, yours looks like the viva one?

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
                            Dimensions seem a bit large for a mini, but it does look very much like a landcrab one I had a long while ago - iirc I sold it to one of our members.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7168[/ATTACH]

If you are looking for a replacement I can recommend the alloy honda civic rads - fit well and very efficient - and not much money either. Adrian, yours looks like the viva one?
                            Hi Cameron

I replaced the viva one with this as the viva was to small.

Comment

wonder what you have then? maybe the landcrab had different ones according to the year?

Comment

Working...
                              X