Radiator recomendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator recomendations.

What suggestions/recommendations are there for a radiator for a Marina 1800TC engined Roadster. I have what looks like a mini rad. At guess bit small? Rebuild is coming on slowly. I was looking at the front suspension today when I noticed the apparent lack of top suspension arms. They were up against the wings, bottomed! That's why it has a very low sump. That's for another day or two.

Re: Radiator recomendations.

Hi Dave, mine's fitted with a Vauxhall Viva van rad but I think some have Clio sport rads fitted. Search the site for reference to this, seen it on here somewhere...
    Best thing I've done is fit an electric fan in front of the rad, and a 3 inch blower from a boat chandlers behind the front number plate, and 3 inch flexible ducting to blow cold air under the carb. It has solved all the fuel problems when it gets hot in traffic. Have a look at my previous posts for pics. It really works.
    Gareth.

Comment

I did a write up on Overheating roadsters which include the idea of using a Honda radiator. Here or there

Comment

See this from Jon in another thread http://r.ebay.com/kYfRZR

These were recommended by marlin.

Adrian

Comment

Civic rad...

Comment

Many thanks for the ideas. I have a small 'snail' blower which seems a very good idea. I had thought a more modern radiator would fit. I forget Here & There when I am searching. Off to the garage, Cheer H Dave.

Comment

Pitstop 171 August-Sept 2012 page 14.

Comment

Cheers Steve, This may be a silly question but is there an index of Pitstop articles anywhere?
                H Dave

Comment

Yes DC did an index But on Keepandshare, have a look at Pitstop extracts! For those that I thought were important.
                  I may have missed a few.

Comment

Here's DC's thread. All pitstops are available with a few exceptions so you should be able to find what you want.

Comment

Steve & Cameron, thanks very much. I am just getting used to the huge amount of knowledge on this forum. Just now I am trying to get the B engine running properly after standing for six years some of that with rain getting down the carbs and push rod holes. It has had a clean up and valve lap. It seems to be improving each time I start it. The Mini rad works OK for now.
                      Cheers H Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X