manual choke conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual choke conversion

Can anyone help with details of manual choke conversion on 2 litre Ford sierra twin cam.
    I've had a request from [email protected] Tel.01572 748696 Unfortunately he's not able to access the forum for some reason and I'm about to depart to the Caribbean for a couple of weeks so don't have available time to help
    sorry don't have a lot of details but it appears that it won't start and pump is running continously

Re: manual choke conversion

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along, but I thought the early DHOC's were 8 valve carburettor and the later DHOC's were all 16V fuel injected.
    So the question is, which is it, 8V with stock carbs or 16V already converted from injection (why)?

Comment

It needs a lot more info to sort this out, is it an EFi converted to carb. Was it ever running in its present state, fuel pump should not be running continuously when trying to start. Carb and EFi looms are different regarding ignition and fuel pump circuits.

Comment

All the 2.0 dohc black tops were 8 valves and the efi and carb setup use a different head because the injectors go into the head and the camshaft timing is different. Hth - so no, its not easy to do - get a new head if going that way but the EFi is very reliable even in standard form.

Comment

I thought the injectors went into the injection rail and the inlet manifold and not directly into the head. It would be then possible to replace injection manifolds with carb manifolds.

Comment

Confusion abounds. What is needed is for Stuart Burbank to access the forum, otherwise we are just guessing
            Last edited by cameronfurnival; 19-02-16, 09:39 AM.

Comment

and as soon as he fills in the join up form he will be able to

Comment

"The cylinder heads - although similar - are not the same between carburettor and EFi versions. The EFi versions feature revised inlet camshaft timing, and holes machined into the casting to accomodate the fuel injectors which are a direct fit into the side of the cylinder head."
                http://www.crustworld.co.uk/index.php/tech-spec/engines-guide/16-the-dohc-engine

thought I was right

Comment

Out of interest the 2 litre DOHC engine codes are as follows: Carburettor N8A, EFI without Cat converter N9A, EFI with Cat converter N9C. I believe the carb used is a Weber 2V(TLD). I imagine the earlier engines had carbs then moved to EFI probably during the late '80s early '90s.

Comment

I've got a very dead carb version in the corner of my garage, and a EFI version partially installed in my Marlin. The heads are different as the injectors go into the head, rather than the inlet manifold. The dead engine has had a valves plus piston incident however the carb and inlet manifold are OK, I've also got the ECU and maybe the wiring loom, so if anyone needs those bits.....
                    BTW both engines are 8v variants.

Comment

Working...
                    X