This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike battery

Well here is the battery installed and turns the engine nicely.

Loads of space on top of the bulkhead.

And everything clears the bonnet.

Now I just need to get some petrol.

Adrian

IMG-20160217-WA0000.jpeg
    Last edited by listerjp2; 17-02-16, 07:06 PM.

Re: Bike battery

Super neat job - I guess the wires are farther away from the metal than they appear to be ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
      Super neat job - I guess the wires are farther away from the metal than they appear to be ?
      Yep trick of the camera. The stainless steel plate underneath is where the old battery box was. It really intruded into the passenger footwell. Plus I have moved the windscreen wiper motor to where the glovebox use to be. Never used the box anyway.

Comment

Interesting. I was thinking about letting the battery box into there but wondered about passenger foot space, I think just make a new box on the bulkhead where the old one was.
        The wiper motor on Q67 was on t'other side for some reason, I'll have a look when I get to that stage. The build manual says drivers side, so dunno why it was there.
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting. I was thinking about letting the battery box into there but wondered about passenger foot space, I think just make a new box on the bulkhead where the old one was.
          The wiper motor on Q67 was on t'other side for some reason, I'll have a look when I get to that stage. The build manual says drivers side, so dunno why it was there.
          If you put it on the passenger side behind the dash it doesn't have to bend so much.

I found on my last roadster that because of the acute angle it made a lot of noise.

Question though on my mk 2 manual it's says to put it on the passenger side?

Adrian

Comment

God you've got some wire brushing to do

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
              If you put it on the passenger side behind the dash it doesn't have to bend so much.

I found on my last roadster that because of the acute angle it made a lot of noise.

Question though on my mk 2 manual it's says to put it on the passenger side?

Adrian
              Possibly to do with the park switch...did the Triumph motor park the opposite way..?
              Mine also said passenger side which means the blades parked upright rather than flush. That said you can, IIRC, turn the park switch so that even with the motor on the passenger side you can park the blades along the bottom of the screen...wish I'd known that at the time before I made the cut outs in the bonnet to clear..!
              Worth noting that SVC can supply alternate wheelboxes and drive gears to improve sweep as the stock Marina setup is pretty poor in this respect. I've also wondered about adapting some of the after-market Mini arms fitted with a much stronger spring to improve blade/screen contact at speed.
              Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
              Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
                Possibly to do with the park switch...did the Triumph motor park the opposite way..?
                Mine also said passenger side which means the blades parked upright rather than flush. That said you can, IIRC, turn the park switch so that even with the motor on the passenger side you can park the blades along the bottom of the screen...wish I'd known that at the time before I made the cut outs in the bonnet to clear..!
                Worth noting that SVC can supply alternate wheelboxes and drive gears to improve sweep as the stock Marina setup is pretty poor in this respect. I've also wondered about adapting some of the after-market Mini arms fitted with a much stronger spring to improve blade/screen contact at speed.
                Good advise will look into it myself

Comment

Well, the beast lives. The first time it's started under its own steam in 6 years.

Now the 100 and 1 things left to do.

Adrian

Comment

Well done

Comment

Working...
                    X