• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight

Hello
    I try lucas bulb
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kolmershlagjp; 03-03-16, 04:55 PM.

Re: headlight

We need to know the size but a LandRover Defender might fit.
    Do you need a Left Hand Drive headlight, maybe you need both sides for matriculation?

Comment

Hello
      the bulb is 17.5 cm
      Excuse me, what diferance between
      rh drive and lh drive
      thank you

Comment

Hello
        Headlights are asymmetrical - giving a little higher beam on the passenger side. So in the UK it is left and in the rest of Europe right side.
        Depending where you live/register your should use the right lights.
        I assume you are looking for the standard 7'' lamps (178 mm) if you need the European version this might help:

or

Slightly different in shape.
        I have these and are OK. If you have doubts I may help - there are versions with and without position lamp and with and without the bulb gasket.
        I decided for the H4 bulb type. Will try to make a photo today but not sure as I'm leaving for 1-week holiday today.
        Best regards
        Roman

Comment

for driving left
          must drive lh ?

Comment

where are you intending to drive the car?

Comment

I am in France
              I have a flying left

Comment

you want lights which dip to the right that is with the triangular formation on the right of the lamp, i'm in finistere and use after market units, usually much cheaper than lucas

Comment

can you give me an adress to buy the bulb

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
                    can you give me an adress to buy the bulb
                    These should do the job SealedBeam

Comment

What you have there is a sealed beam unit !.What you could use these

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/headlights/cibie-7-inch-e-approved>

-headlight-conversions and then use continental bulbs that dip to the right.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                        What you have there is a sealed beam unit !.What you could use these

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/headlights/cibie-7-inch-e-approved>

-headlight-conversions and then use continental bulbs that dip to the right.
                        On most cars, it's not the bulb that deflects the beam, it's the design of the reflector and headlamp lens that primarily creates the light pattern.

I think the OP has a UK built car in France, which causes confusion, as he has a RHD car, but needs LHD headlamps.

So there are two options,

1. Replace both the existing RHD sealed beam headlights with LHD units. They look to be Main and Dip beam lights, with no sidelight.
                        2. Replace both existing RHD headlights with LHD Halogen conversion units, which will give better illumination but at a higher cost and some rewiring as the connectors will be different. Care must be taken to ensure that sidelights are not required.

Looking at relative costs, the link I provided is about 40% cheaper than Demon Tweaks, after postage to France.

Of course, these LHD Sealed Beam units are not exclusive to the UK and may be found at French Motor Factors, so some postage costs may be avoided.

Comment

If you look at his picture I think you will find he has a left hand drive car.

Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
                            If you look at his picture I think you will find he has a left hand drive car.

Adrian
                            So he definitely needs LHD headlights then!

Comment

www.feked.com/headlamp-7-quadoptic-beam-unit-rh-dip.html
                              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                              X