Isle of wight ferry was expensive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of wight ferry was expensive...

...so we decided to drive over. Keep the speed up and a flat hull should plane, right?
    Attached Files

Re: Isle of wight ferry was expensive...

That must be a first, an amphibious Marlin. What next, I understand Paul Whitehouse has been making submarines!

Comment

Due to a lack of interest in the Marlin submarine production was stopped, they didn't go down very well!

Comment

I hope we are not going to get submerged in submarine jokes now!

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and why not, you won't be out of your depth (guilty as charged)

Comment

And no conning people into thinking they could cross the Solent in a Marlin.

Comment

Submarine jokes are surfacing.

Comment

Regret to announce Amphibious Marlin project discontinued due to poor performance during field trial.

Project immediately reassigned as field trial of Submersible Marlin Project.

Regret to announce Submersible Marlin Project discontinued due unforseen consequences.

Project to be reconsidered at a future date following salvage and installation of the driver and passenger side windows omitted in the original prototype due to lack of elbow room.

Comment

Originally posted by happyferret View Post
                  Regret to announce Amphibious Marlin project discontinued due to poor performance during field trial.

Project immediately reassigned as field trial of Submersible Marlin Project.

Regret to announce Submersible Marlin Project discontinued due unforseen consequences.

Project to be reconsidered at a future date following salvage and installation of the driver and passenger side windows omitted in the original prototype due to lack of elbow room.
                  Why test an amphibious car in a field?

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                    Why test an amphibious car in a field?
                    Just failed to explain what I cracked up at to the good lady. Obviously too subtle. More wine.

Comment

Maybe it was made by frogmen.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                        That must be a first, an amphibious Marlin. What next, I understand Paul Whitehouse has been making submarines!
                        Marlin Submarine

Comment

Originally posted by phil.coyle View Post
                          And no conning people into thinking they could cross the Solent in a Marlin.
                          I regularly cross the Solent in a Marlin. I can confirm that it is way too expensive. So I would appreciate some positive suggestions on how to attach floats, propellers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by millie_marlin View Post
                            I regularly cross the Solent in a Marlin. I can confirm that it is way too expensive. So I would appreciate some positive suggestions on how to attach floats, propellers, etc.
                            Technically the Roadster chassis is weld sealed, all fixing having tubes welded in.
                            Is that a way to go, simply make a chassis with a bigger box section especially at the front where there is little space for floatation devices to counteract the buoyancy of the cockpit.
                            That might create far too much weight up front, so better to rely on snorkel air inlets, waterproofed electrics and a wet suit and air tanks.

Comment

Big flotation bags a la Landrover. Don't forget to water proof the electrics. Maybe a sheet under the engine. Much cheaper, don't live on the island.

Comment

Working...
                              X