New owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner

I can now properly call myself a member of the club as I've satisfied the requirement of owning a Marlin

It's this SWB Mk 2 with a Ford 1.8 engine and five speed box.

Capture.JPG

Already have a list of things that need doing but for now I'm hoping for some summer sun and to enjoy it before I start any work on it.

Re: New owner

Congratulations, she looks very nice.

Was watching it on eBay and thought it looked good. Hope to see you around.

Adrian

Comment

Thanks Adrian. As always, the camera doesn't tell the whole story but I'm happy with her.

Long way from Cheshire to your part of the world but maybe catch you at Stoneleigh next year.

Jon

Comment

I recognise the reg, but presumably a Zetec conversion. Your thoughts would be appreciated by many.

Comment

It's a Pinto, Steve. There not a lot of history with the car so I don't know the donor; I'm assuming Sierra but I'll have to do a bit of digging. No doubt if anyone recognizes Q793 (no name yet) they will chip in.

Comment

Anhh.
            1.8 pintos were primarily Sierra/Scorpio power plants from '84 to '92. There should be a three letter engine code Rxx that will help identification.
            In standard tune, that will shift along quite nicely especially with the 5 speed which is effectively an overdrive.
            Its an otherwise Marina based car, and a rear axle, in good nick, will cope with the power quite easily.

Comment

Picking it up tomorrow and I'll have a look for the engine code then.

You're right, it does get a move on. No untoward knocks, bangs or grinding and mechanically it all seems to be in good condition for the age so hopefully, looked after properly, it should be good for a few more miles yet.

Comment

Working...
              X