Silly Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Question?

This may be a silly question , but the hood on my roadster just hooks over the top of the windscreen rail with no clips or whatever to hold it in place is this how it should be? I don't fancy it blowing off at speed. Nearly ready for Welshpool.

Re: Silly Question?

Silly answer!
    I thought the same, but never drive if the forecast looks like I can't drive fast enough for the rain to go overhead.
    Never had a problem, probably aided by driving slower with the roof up.
    Some have added fixings through the screen rail, beware drilling into the screen. Tech Tips and Pitstop archive have some suggestions.
    Otherwise buy a hat and wet weather clothing. Or consider drilling a hole through the floor, if it rains really hard, so it can drain out.

Comment

Cheers Steve, that's what I thought but SWMBO doesn't think logically. She thinks if we have a hood we can put it up when it rains. My but it's cosy with the side screens up, shame about the visibility!
      Dave

Comment

No need for any fixings dave.
        Mines got some rubber door trim ( the draught excluder around the doors of most cars ) glued under the hood windscreen bracket, so that it sits on the top of the windscreen frame when the hood is in place.
        As the hood is pulled back, the rubber trim stops the hood bracket from twisting off the windscreen.
        It works fine, even in very windy conditions.
        Gareth.

Comment

ps, I hardly ever use the side screens as they restict too much visibility. Never really had any problems with getting wet either, possibly a damp elbow, but otherwise fine.
          Gareth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
            ps, I hardly ever use the side screens as they restict too much visibility. Never really had any problems with getting wet either, possibly a damp elbow, but otherwise fine.
            Gareth.
            A little damp patch is nothing to worry about!

Comment

Maybe a rubber apron, mmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                Maybe a rubber apron, mmmmm!
                Only if you are a Mason!

Comment

Drove down to Cornwall in the middle of storm kate without any issues.
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                    Drove down to Cornwall in the middle of storm kate without any issues.
                    like!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                      like!!!!
                      Had to use the sidescreens though because the crosswind was blowing the rain in! Very noisy, but then my wife tells me we were driving a bit quicker than I thought!!!
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                      X