Guilsfield Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilsfield Spring

For those of you at Guilsfield unable to sleep over the lean on my Roadster, cease your worrying. The problem is solved!
    The nearside rear spring had passed a seat belt bolt and jammed, a quick lever with the Gorilla bar and it was free. It now needs sorting to prevent recurrence.
    Attached Files

Re: Guilsfield Spring

Bolt is the wrong way round..!
    Should have a flatter head which goes outside. Gives room to add a load spreading washer.
    See these.
    Also worth checking whether the front spring bush is moving in the spring permitting lateral movement of the spring itself.
    Last edited by lil_red_roadster; 24-06-16, 06:49 AM.
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
      Bolt is the wrong way round..!
      Should have a flatter head which goes outside. Gives room to add a load spreading washer.
      See these.
      Also worth checking whether the front spring bush is moving in the spring permitting lateral movement of the spring itself.
      Spot on. Not totally unusual on a Marina or Hybrid car, a but of a design flaw.

I had a similar issue even with a flatter head, new Superflex leaf spring and hanger bushes sorted it out.
      I also fitted Spax adjustable shocks, stiffening up the rear end, that also reduced the overall vertical movement of the axle.

Comment

I should point out that I didn't build this car, I rescued it and am finding it's design and build flaws as I go.

Comment

Working...
        X