X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mgf

Hi can anyone tells do mad wheels fit triumph hubs

Re: Mgf

The MGF wheels I have fit my Spitfire fine however although they fit my Marlin ( Ital based) hubs they foul on the front suspension uprights by about 10 mm but this will depend on the offset. Not sure about mad wheels though!!!
    Graham

Comment

If you search the forum you will find loads of info, but in a nutshell. MGF alloys have the same PCD as small Triumphs and Marina. Standard Marina offset is 13mm standard MGF 30mm. Marinas hub centric wheels and quite small studs 3/8" so longer and larger diameter studs will be needed along with a spacer. Not recommended.
      MGF steel space saver wheels will fit but they limit the width of tyres available, studs and nuts should be selected to suit the wheel.

Comment

Thanks for the info I only need some wheels to transport the car so they only need to fit temporarily

Comment

What have you bought?

Comment

Steve, MGF wheels have various offset its stamped on the wheels - think its the TF ones that are differant..
            you need to make up spacers to fit the wheels on the hub so that the wheels do not relies on the wheel stud to locate it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbazdavies View Post
              Steve, MGF wheels have various offset its stamped on the wheels - think its the TF ones that are differant..
              you need to make up spacers to fit the wheels on the hub so that the wheels do not relies on the wheel stud to locate it !!!
              Wheels are the first thing that get swapped around on any car. Offset should be marked. But, given suspension geometry on a Marina based car, I have found that tyres claiming to be the same profile actually vary in width quite significantly at normal road pressures.

As with many things, buyer beware, measure twice, fit once.

Comment

Triumph based ml 1 but it has no wheels on so difficult to move as its on axle stands

Comment

Originally posted by thackery View Post
                  Triumph based ml 1 but it has no wheels on so difficult to move as its on axle stands
                  Properly registerd V5? Declared SORN?

Lots of small Triumphs use the same PCD, worth a trawl through the many Triumph parts dealers depending on where you are located.

Comment

There's a set of triumph TR7 steel wheels on fleabay right now. Good luck with the project we are all looking forward to helping out
                    PS it might be worth posting a wanted ad on the sammio bit of the madabout forum as tehy are herald wheels to start off with but most people swap em for something nicer. Whereabouts are you - maybe one of our members can help you out?

Comment

I'm in Cheltenham Glos cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X