Clutch pedal with Ford T9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal with Ford T9

Having replaced the clutch cable I'm not convinced I'm getting enough leverage from the pedal. If someone with a T9 box can tell me what the rough pedal pivot to cable attachment pin centre-to centre is on their Roadster it would be a big help.

Re: Clutch pedal with Ford T9

Confused?
    T9, cable operated clutch with a 1.8 MG engine.
    But then it's all ford!

You really must change your forum signature to avoid confusion.
    I read Marina 1.8 SC before I got to 1.8L Pinto.
    Last edited by stevejgreen; 18-07-16, 06:13 PM. Reason: Hmmm

Comment

It's about 2 3/4" on mine.
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

When I converted my Berli from hydraulic Rover to cable type 9 it was a stab in the dark as to what leverage I would need. So I made it adjustable with a choice of holes to attach the cable and the guide tube is on slots to keep it in line.

876.jpg

I have now test driven the car and have left the cable as you see in the pic as it seems pretty good in use. The measurements are - pedal pivot to cable attachment 25mm center to center, and pedal pivot center to halfway down footpad 290mm.

Comment

Thanks chaps; as I suspected mine's far too short. Another job on the to do list.

Didn't think the signature was so bad, Steve, but for clarity I've changed it. Not sure where you got the MG reference from though.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_wilkinson View Post
            Thanks chaps; as I suspected mine's far too short. Another job on the to do list.

Didn't think the signature was so bad, Steve, but for clarity I've changed it. Not sure where you got the MG reference from though.
            MG shorthand for a B series 18V engine from a Morris Marina and other cars.
            It was a very hot evening, even with the Aircon on and an open bottle of wine.

Comment

Working...
            X