d068795n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d068795n

I am in the process of modifying the steering shaft on my Marlin to incorporate two universal joints. On reassembly of the shaft, the reset operation of the turn indicator does not reset the indicator switch. The switch resets when operated manually and there is a plate with a ridge sweated onto the shaft itself, this should operate the switch. However there is a gap between the switch operation levers and the ridge that operates the switch. The switch is in a fixed position (not adjustable) likewise the plate with the ridge on. I should mention its a Triumph GT6 steering shaft and switches. Any advice will be appreciated

Re: d068795n

In the straight ahead position the ridge on the shaft should sit between the two little levers that should have a small spring connecting them. When you turn the steering the ridge goes past the little lever and when you return the steering the ridge flicks the lever to cancel the indicator.

The upper inner column position is controlled by the position of the sliding joint in the middle of the original column and the outer column position by its mountings. Sounds like you need to adjust the position of the outer column.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
    X