Gearbox woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gearbox woes

Thank for the info. Are the YKC cars much different than the originals?

Comment

I have had both 15" and 17" wheels see below I think generally speaking the wheel arches are generous and need bigger wheels but its a personal choice.

KN alloys - five spoke with tyres FULDA 2000 205/50 R15

ARTICLE PICS2.jpg

Fox alloys multi spoke tyres 205 50 R17

IMG_2605.JPG
      YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

I like the 15 inch and the side curtains

Comment

I agree, the 15" look more in proportion. Plus, with a narrower tyre, like a 185/55, you can visually fill the arch and have a bit more comfort.
          Last edited by jon_wilkinson; 09-10-16, 08:47 AM.

Comment

If you do consider changing the overall diameter of the tyres, now would be the time to look at Speedo gear ratios especially if you will have the gearbox out.

Comment

I'm fitting 15 inch on mine - they are from an MG TF --need spacers and some spigotts making -- they do have differant off-sets on the wheels.. but are cheap I paid £100 for 5 including postage !!

Comment

You're right .I would like to go to 15s and 60 oIMG_2353.JPGr 55 series tyre and also gain 1/2-1 inch ground clearance This year the budget will go to rebuilding the gear box and next year wheels and tyres.I stopped by a shop that sold wheels just to get an idea what the cost would be and when I told him that they were to fit a Marina he said they had no specs on Marina bolt pattern or offset etc.Marinas were never popular over here.I will have to find the specs for him and see if they have a match.I tried to get in to read your info at Keep--- and i am not yet on your list. When I bought my car I did not know of the club it is an amazing bonus !

Comment

Marina, same as many small Triumphs 3.75" PCD 3/8" studs, standard 1/2" offset.

Front tyres need to be checked that the miss steering/suspension, not all tyres are the published width so take care.

MGF use 12mm studs much bigger than a Marina, also Marina are concentric hubs so take care, the standard studs are not designed to centre the wheel.
                  Bigger studs can be fitted, but beware the problems above, you are not dealing with a modern car.

Comment

Working...
                  X