Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you decide !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you decide !

1978 Clenet for sale in USA offers around $30K. Not a car I'd seen before so thought I'd share the pics with you guys/gals
    Check the PWC site noted on the pics if you want more
    Rgds DC
    Attached Files

Re: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - you decide !

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
    1978 Clenet for sale in USA offers around $30K. Not a car I'd seen before so thought I'd share the pics with you guys/gals
    Check the PWC site noted on the pics if you want more
    Rgds DC
    I bet that gives CompoSimmonite some ideas. An Extra-LWB Roadster!

But it must have a massively long remote on the gearbox, perhaps it's an Auto.

Comment

Doors and windscreen look to be from MG Midget/ AH Sprite

Comment

If I remember right, unlikely. A Midget/Sprite bulkhead and body to behind the doors was used. There was a similar British one that used a mini body shell from the bulkhead back.

Comment

If you have half an hour to waste imagine the MOC making a video about the Marlin. Classic neo classic now there's a description.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
            ............................... There was a similar British one that used a mini body shell from the bulkhead back.
            Beauford Kit cars! Used to be one in the Exeter area, used a lot for weddings. Peter.

Comment

Ben

Managed 3mins of the video - music was from that Yorkshire vet series and the actors from Acorn Antiques - I only hung in for 3 ins to see if Julie Walters was in it :-)

Comment

There was a "stretched" version of the Midget called the Dragonfly

Comment

That Clenet is definitely spridget screen and doors. I googled it and found that, " Clenet is arguably the most beautifully-styled automobile series ever built. Each limited-production model was conceived, designed, and produced by a small team of dedicated men and women in Santa Barbara County, California in the 1970s and 1980s."
                  PS I restored three spridgets back in the day and always wanted a Dragonfly - never found one! Too old and fat now!

Comment

Working...
                  X