Best Value Breakdown cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Value Breakdown cover

Given that I won't be using the car that much compared to my other cars - and that it is residing in a cosy dry garage for most of its life... which car breakdown insurance firm do you recommend? The best deal I can get online is £30.99 for nationwide recovery (don't need anything else really)...

Re: Best Value Breakdown cover

Have a look at this if you shop at Tesco might be a use for all the points you gather and never use.
    Regards
    Graham
    Last edited by fouter; 11-11-16, 11:27 PM. Reason: additioal info

Comment

I have insured both of my Marlins with Peter James for Comprehensive Insurance cover which includes European Breakdown cover for a very reasonable figure. Admitted they do not use AA or RAC but local breakdown garages which were very good when I needed them. [Differential broke]. David.

Comment

I've been with AA for 31 years but recent renewal came at £186 for self & wife with Relay so decided to shop around but found nothing rivalled the AA for service as most others have almost hidden restrictions. In the end rang AA to complain about renewal - and they gave me Relay free so cost £111.

Comment

£111 from AA is more than the total cost of my insurance and breakdown cover for my Roadster, 8,000 miles a year from Peter James. David.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
            £111 from AA is more than the total cost of my insurance and breakdown cover for my Roadster, 8,000 miles a year from Peter James. David.
            The £111 covers me & wife on everything I own - 4 cars, 7 bikes, quad, 2 trailers and even a mobility scooter so am happy with the service the AA provide.

Comment

Compo I have just got a very similar deal with the RAC just be aware that they may not recover your trailer if the trailer is at fault you are ok if the car break downs while towing they will recover both the trailer and car. I also discovered some breakdown company's will only recover a trailer if it under certain dimentions which is in there small print. You can also pay extra to cover the trailer if it breaks but it will cost you extra.
              Like your self I cover myself and wife in any car which I think works out cheaper than having separate cover for my 4 cars

Comment

Working...
              X