Dashboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard.

I'm starting on the dashboard for my Berly. One of the things that I have been looking at are dashboard blanks from Europa. I just wondered if anyone has used one, I'm not sure I like the idea of MDF and would prefer plywood.

The other thing is I would like concealed mounting bolts / screws which I thought I could do by using plywood with bolts then covered with veneer, and I can't think how to conceal the mounts on the Europa blanks. I'm no wood worker and just stumbling around in the dark!

Re: Dashboard.

Mine's fixed with wood screws from the rear, that are screwed into the plywood
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Hiya

I have used the very same MDF dash blank to good effect.

I did, however , paint the exposed MDF so that water would not attack it.

I must admit I prefer to have the screws on display, especially as they are stainless domed.

Adrian

Comment

my berly also has metal brackets which screw into the back of the dash

Comment

My dashboard was bolted through to the facia moulding as per the build manual. I added a couple of supports from the lower edge back to the chassis. The problem is that I removed a section from the facia moulding to move the dash closer to the windscreen and give more room for the column wiper and indicator switches. This means that there is little room along the top rear of the dash to use screws ftom the rear.

Comment

Working...
          X