Prom chaufer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prom chaufer

Yesterday did the Prom chauffer thing for Grandson .Me, white shirt & a club tie, striped blazer and straw hat. Roadster polished and union flags on the front. He was very impressed. Lining up behind Rolls, Bentayga etc we did seem to get a little more attention. He did the uber cool standing up and stepping over the door. Now he wants a Roadster. First get a job then a driving licence and then start looking.

Re: Prom chaufer

And a small dose of realism, kit cars are not as cheap to maintain as many modern runaround, and in my experience marriage soon leads to the need of a four seater with plenty of boot space.

Comment

yeah but the ol' 2 seater will probably be a bit of a magnet!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Stott View Post
        yeah but the ol' 2 seater will probably be a bit of a magnet!!

if he’s anything like me, the money is already spent.
        Many years ago, me and my mates had a row of seven lockup’s in a row, full of motorbikes. I was the first to buy a car.
        Every time we went on a run out and it looked like rain, I was easily persuaded by four girls, who wanted to stay warm and dry.

Comment

At 17 the last thing he should be thinking about is settling down and leasing a runabout. I think of the cars I had before and just after we were married. AH 3000 MG, PA etc Mind you I did turn down a road going lotus 11 with a spare race engine for £250 to buy a Cortina because the lotus would have been a rubbish passion wagon!

Comment

I had a similar dilemma whilst at college, another guy on my course had a AH3000, but it only did 7 - 8 mpg, I had a wolseley 1500 which returned good mpg's. He offered a straight swap, I declined because of future fuel costs. I have looked back at the situation lots of times, and what my response would/should have been, Obviously the AH 3000!

Comment

Times have changed in two generations or more.
              Most young girls, according to my nephews, turn their noses up at anything that does not have air con, messes their hair up and does not have a decent sound system.
              Things have changed from 60’s and 70’s cars that were all we could afford.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                And a small dose of realism, kit cars are not as cheap to maintain as many modern runaround, and in my experience marriage soon leads to the need of a four seater with plenty of boot space.
                Ain’t that the truth, at the age of 20 my mate built his Roadster and we drove it to Stafford for a kit car show and since then always wanted to build my own. Reality got in the way and now the kids are grown up (one is driving her self) I finally got my Roadster, nearly 30 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                  Yesterday did the Prom chauffer thing for Grandson .Me, white shirt & a club tie, striped blazer and straw hat. Roadster polished and union flags on the front. He was very impressed. Lining up behind Rolls, Bentayga etc we did seem to get a little more attention. He did the uber cool standing up and stepping over the door. Now he wants a Roadster. First get a job then a driving licence and then start looking.
                  Great to hear ! I wish him luck though, as I can't seem to get my lad insured on my Roadster until he's 25 ..
                  Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                  Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Working...
                  X