Radiator for Marina Based Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator for Marina Based Car

Has anyone got a radiator for a 1.8 Marina based car (is it Vauxhall Viva rad?) they could sell me please? Condition unimportant, although a brand new high performance one would be great - or where I can get one off the shelf.

I?m still trying to resolve my running hot problem and the rad is the only thing that I haven?t replaced - I don?t want the car off the road while I send the existing one away to be re-cored or whatever they do.

Re: Radiator for Marina Based Car

Hi Chris. I did pick up a leaflet at Stoneleigh for Martini Car Parts who have rads. Mob 07798 722366 Tel 01902 401942 Email phil_home(at)fsmail.net. Hope you strike lucky. Otherwise a car factor or Sercks (not sure of spelling) Liz

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just need to know what I'm asking for now! I think this is a Viva rad, can anyone confirm this please from the attached pics?

Comment

Hi Chris, if you have to get a new rad. try and get the same one or similar spec to that fitted to the old Austin "Land Crab" 1800. This was one recommended in the origional build.(See Para. 2.8Radiator P18 in the build manual) We fitted one to our Roadster, now with a 2.0l tuned Fiat engine and have never had an overheating problem. We only have an electric fan but it seldom cuts in except in slow moving traffic. One thing to watch when fitting the rad. is to make sure there are no gaps round it so that ALL the air goes through it and not round it.
        Sorry I can't identify yours, best of luck.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
          Chris, Hi I have got what you are looking for it came with an unfinished car. It is unused and was for an 1800cc roadster

Comment

Chris give me a ring I have mislayed your phone no

Comment

Working...
            X