Maestro A series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro A series

I have got a brand new austin maestro engine, which I was lead to believe would be a straight swap for my existing marina engine in the Roadster.

This is not the case, the fly wheel and adaptor plate are different, I have now been told that the sherpa van flywheel/plate will fit. Can any body shed some light or help in anyway.

Also the engine cam bolted to a new volkswagen gearbox which I believe is the same as the one in the golf so if anybody is need let me know.

Thanks Chris

Re: Maestro A series

Message originally posted by: Don
    If the sherpa van flywheel and plate fit, you might as well have the sherpa 5 speed gearbox (rover SD1) as well.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
      I suspect that the flywheel bolt pattern and the spigot bearing hole are different to match the VW sourced clutch/gearbox. |If this is so then you are going to need a new crank. Can I suggest you contact one of the companies that deals in Morris Minors, many of these cater for people who want to fit the later marina engine to the Moggie, they should be able to help you source parts. http://www.morrisminor.co.uk/index.htm

Comment

Thanks Don,

I shall give that a whirl, it seems a shame to let such a rare comodity go to waste.

Cheers Chris

Comment

Chris
          YKC offered a conversion some years back to install a maestro engine into a roadster,my recollection is that it was for the 2 litre efi unit as found in the MG version which i think also had a gearbox supplied by Volkswagen.They used a number of Sherpa/freight rover bits to mate it to a 5 speed Rover SD1 box. I know i have the details somewhere if it helps.My e-mail is Alison.Hogg2(at)ntlworld.com

Comment

Working...
          X