Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel base & Speedo cable

Message originally posted by: John Gilding
    How can I tell if my Roadster is a Long Wheel Base or a Short Wheel Base.It's axle centres are 229cm.
    I intend to fit a Smiths speedo with screw fitting to speedo (not clip on) The gearbox is from a Sierra 5-speed with adaptor fitted, can anyone tell me where I might obtain a new complete cable to fit this.

Re: Wheel base & Speedo cable

If you have a non standard requirement for the speedo cable then go to speedy cables in wales. They can make anything you want. http://www.speedycables.co.uk/
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Message originally posted by: Julian Haines
      feel under the running boards just in front of the back wings, LWB cars have a 6" piece in here so you have a double joint on the underside rather than the single joint whereas the front and back wings join would directly on a swb car.

Comment

You cant always tell a LWB by the extension piece as later cars had a longer front wing and only the one joint. The original spec states a short wheel base is 92ins(233.7cm) and the LWB was 6ins(15.2cm) longer in the cockpit.
        Go with Jons suggestion, they can also calibrate the speedo in necesary.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Message originally posted by: jon cox bristol
          Many Thanks to you all for your replies

Comment

Message originally posted by: julian haines
            Many Thanks for your reply

Comment

Many Thanks for your reply sorry it's late
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
              X