Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydrolic Clutch bleeding

Message originally posted by: Geert
    I've been trying to get all the air out of my hudrolic clutch, but no matter how I try, it won't get out. Is there a special method to do this, or is it more a matter of keep trying and hope for a quick result?
    cheers.

Re: hydrolic Clutch bleeding

Geert,
    Make sure that the bleed screw is uppermost on the slave cylinder when you are bleeding the system otherwise you can have difficulty getting all the air out.Have you recently changed the cylinder/seals?

Comment

I haven't changed any cylinder/seals. I just removed the main cylinder from its pipe when we took appart the car. Now that all is re-assembled the air on the main line won't go out. I'll give it a go tonight with the bleedingscrew on the uppermost position. Does it also matter in which position the piston is? whould i try to keep it in the inner or outer position when we start bleeding? many thank.
      Cheers
      Geert

Comment

PS. the car is looking great now after a body-off restoration. I'll post some pics when we're fully finished and everything is properly fitted.

Comment

Geert.
          Best if slave cylinder piston is in extended position, the spring will take it to that anyway.

Comment

Geert,
            I have always found it necessary to pressure bleed the clutch. I have a kit I bought from Halfords (I don't know the Dutch equivalent) It uses air pressure from a tyre to blow fluid throught the system.
            Good Luck

Tony

Comment

Yes, it worked. I noticed that there was a curve in the pipe that came higher than the top of the resevoir. When I tried to bend it more down, it broke. I had a replacement pipe, put it on, bleed it with the bleedscrew on the uppermost position, and voila, i can change gears! It's wonderful. Now we found out that we need a new seal in our master brake cylinder. Still no driving this weekend......

Comment

Geert,
                Pleased to hear you got a result, look forward to seeing the pictures.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Egbert
                  Geert,
                  Have got a roadster Geert? I just started to "reassamble" a project and looking for lots of details....

Comment

Hi Egbert, nice to see someone rebuilding a Roadster and keeping them going. I've lots of pictures and writeups from building our Roadster and if you feel they might help you I can put them on a CD and post it to you. Do you have an origional build manual? If not I have that in .pdf format and can send that as well.
                    Regards, Hugh.

Comment

Working...
                    X