Urgently needed exhaust manifold!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgently needed exhaust manifold!!!

My 1275cc A-Series Marina engined roadster suffered an exhaust manifold failure last night (neck snapped at connection to front exhaust pipe). This is the standard cast iron lump - 12G 3588. I was hoping to get down to the Lakes next weekend to join up with other members. Sadly, without an exhaust manifold, it looks like I'll be going nowhere...

Can be contacted on 01389 849 105 or e-mail: timmacx(at)aol.com.

Re: Urgently needed exhaust manifold!!!

Tim, I have a 1275 manifold but the casting says 12G 3538. I don't know if this is any use to you. I have a complete 1275 engine too, hasn't run for a few years ! If you can come and get them, you are welcome to them.

Comment

Trevor, sounds like the manifold you have is identical to mine. I misread the casting, it is indeed 12G 3538. I might also be interested in taking the engine off your hands, as my engine is drinking copious amounts of oil. If you could give me contact details, I maybe able to run over to Ayr tomorrow, if convenient for you.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Don
        My marina did exactly that 23 years ago!. BL later added a brace that ran from one of the bellhousing bolts to the exhaust pipe, to take the strain off hte manifold.

Comment

Don, I've had the same experience too when I ran a 1275 in the Marlin. Tim now has my manifold fitted, so here's hoping it lasts a bit longer than the previous one.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
            Great news Guys. Looking forward to seeing you at the lakes Tim.
            Trevor, why aren't you coming???

Comment

Sue, ask Tim, or look at my post regarding fuel tanks !!!

Comment

Here's a big clue !

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
                  Oh yes! Ha ha!

We've just got back from the Lakes trip. Superb! I haven't unpacked yet. Didn't want to come home :-( But Tim has said he's thinking of doing a Scottish trip for next year. Yay! We're going to hold you to that, Tim......

Comment

Working...
                  X