Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating cabin space in swb Roadster

Hiya folks,

I have just purchased a Marlin roadster and as I am a 6 foot 1 16 stone bodybuilder I'm looking to make a little more space. Here's what I thought...

1. Lower the seat by having some steel trays fabricated and welded to the chassis so the seat sits 2-3 inches lower.

2. Have a custom shaped tank made so the drivers seat can be put 2-3 inches further back.

3. Narrow the centre channel to a bare minimum, allowing for handbrake etc width.

Any thoughts on the feasibility of these mods? Any obvious problems?

Cheers,

Gavin.

Re: Creating cabin space in swb Roadster

Message originally posted by: Lee
    Hello Gavin
    Do you have a short or a long wheel base roadster ? one of the best mods I ever did to my roadster was to narrow the tunnel down to allow me to put larget more comfortable seats in.

Lee

Comment

Certainly the steel trays aren't a problem as Marlin used to offer them as part of the kit.

I bought them in fact to gain some headroom as I'm 6'2" - in the end never got round to fitting them figuring I'll just duck if I roll it! Binned them last year - sorry!

Comment

Lee,

SWB model.

How did you go about narrowing the tunnel ? What lies beneath? Anything need moved or is it purely a cosmetic / GRP kinda job?

Thanks for the heads up on the floor trays Chris - shouldn't cost much to have new ones fabricated anyway!

Cheers,

Gav.

Comment

Working...
        X