Hood bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood bag

Has anybody got a Roadster hoodbag for disposal? Black double duck or similar fabric.
    Franklin, Leicester

Re: Hood bag

I have a black vynyl one, if interested email robert.mitchell4(at)tesco.net

Comment

Thanks Bob but I would really prefer a fabric one to match the hood and tonneau cover.
      Franklin, Leicester

Comment

The club has some but in tan only a ?5 each plus postage, you could use this as a pattern. Send a cheque for ?7,50 made out to the club and post to Ben Caswell address in mag if your interested.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben, Yes I was aware of these but I assume they are Vinyl. If they are fabric material then I could paint it with some of my special black jollop. Otherwise I'll see what turns up.
          Franklin, Leicester

Comment

They are vinyl !
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

What's the black jollop Franklin? My canvas hood is in good nick but very faded and I've tried the Renovo stuff but it didn't make it black again. If your jollop is capable of turning tan to black it sounds like I need some. Thanks.

Comment

Ah, the black jollop. I found Renovo to be useless too. Put some linseed oil in a jam jar (eat the jam first) then add some black shoe polish to colour it. Put it in the microwave to mix together nicely, for about 30 seconds or so. Let it cool, keep stiring to get a good mix and paint on. Experiment with an old tee shirt first to assess the ammount of shoe polish to use. I did mine about 2 years ago and it still looks good. It pongs of cricket bats but it is a nice smell. Honestly, it really works and costs very little. Let us know how you get on.
                Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Thanks Franklin. I'll have a go at that. Always did like the smell of cricket bats! Will post my results here.

Comment

Working...
                  X