folding hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folding hood

YKC made a folding hood for the roadster. Can you still buy it anywhere? Also do they work well, and are they easy to fit? If anyone has any pictures it would be good to see one fitted.
    Many thanks

Re: folding hood

Hi Simon

I bought one about 18 months ago from YKC and they are well made if a bit overpriced - or were. Don't know where you can get them now however. The one I bought was not a straight fit for the roadster and I had to make two pins to fit the existing holes that take the rigid frame and mate the folding frame to fit them. The design and guide in the Tech Tips booklet shows you how to make a folding frame and those who have followed this path have been more than happy with the results. Much cheaper too I understand. If you'd like some decent pics of my hood frame let me know your e-mail address and I'll send you some.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Alan
      Thanks for your reply. If you have any pictures that would be great. I'm not sure if I will be able to get hold of one, but at least I will be able to decide if I want one. My email is simon"at"grasbychapel.co.uk
      Many Thanks

Comment

Photos sent as requested.

Cheers Alan

Comment

Message originally posted by: Neville Stockden
          Hi Alan/Simon,
          Alan, grateful you send me the pics of your hood frame you sent to Simon. I'm looking for a suitable design to adapt to our Berli' so with your pics, together with the Tech Tip info, I hope to construct something locally.
          For info Simon: in reply to a similar question as yours Don (ex YKC) advised me that hood frames were previously made in-house and the jigs scrapped and not passed on to Aquila.
          Rgds, Neville

Comment

Hi simon, i am near boston, and just in the process of building the folding frame in tech tips, just getting a hood as well perhaps we could get together some time and compare notes? all the best Merv

Comment

YKC hoods were made by a firm called Lang & Potter. If they are still in business they are based somewhere in the South West (Plymouth?). They have the pattern for Roadsters, if not others but they are not cheap. I seem to remember they did a lot of hoods for BMW's i.e they know what they are doing. I dealt direct with them and although I had a problem to startwith they very graciously sorted it iut

Comment

I have just bought a new hood set from lang and potter, it was ?227.33 inc postage, very good quality, ask for Chris Mellor. he knows all about the marlin buisiness. Merv

Comment

Working...
                X