If you are an existing member and your password is not working or has expired click here enter your email address then click on "Forgot password"

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you have questions please use the Contact Page for a personal response

If you wish to contribute to our discussions then please consider joining the club - its a mere £18 per year and worth every penny!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Sierra mark 2 plastic master cylinder reservoir replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Sierra mark 2 plastic master cylinder reservoir replacement

Hi all - does anyone have one of these spare/available as the one on my Marlin Cabrio is leaking (or some guidance/advice on a sealant)? Cheers

Re: Ford Sierra mark 2 plastic master cylinder reservoir replacement

The reservoir 'Plugs] into the master cylinder via two spigots that go through a kind of o ring seal on the cylinder itself. No additional sealant is required or advised.
    Is your leak from that area or is the tank itself split?

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The reservoir itself has a small hole in the top leaking a small amount of brake fluid. So if I could replace just the reservoir hopefully this would solve the problem. Trouble I’m having is getting hold of one of these Sierra based reservoirs!

Comment

If there is just a tiny hole in the plastic I would be tempted to melt it closed using a carefully applied soldering iron.
        Cheers Robin

Comment

Originally posted by deanogrey View Post
          Hi all - does anyone have one of these spare/available as the one on my Marlin Cabrio is leaking (or some guidance/advice on a sealant)? Cheers
          Other Ford models have reservoirs that can be used - don't limit your search to just the Sierra.

I researched this a few years back - have a look on Madabout Kitcars - massive long thread on dual brake servo, somewhere in there I found other suitable Ford reservoirs

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the advice, looks as if i have lots of researching to do. Dean

Comment

Hi Robin, never thought about this so I’ll give it a go. If it works it will be a cheap fix I’ve got nothing to lose. Many thanks Dean

Comment

You could of course use a pair of remote reservoirs from the likes of Car Builder solutions together with the appropriate hoses/connectors.

Comment

I have a spare mater cylinder with the plastic reservoir and big round black rear booster thing... Will post a photo tomorrow.
                  Yours for £10 plus postage.

Comment

Hi Keiran have sent PM Thanks Paul

Comment

Hi, have emailed you with photos.

Comment

Hi Kevin. If you just want the plastic reservoir, I could use the master cylinder etc.
                        Could you pm me?
                        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Chris
                          Emailed you photos.
                          Kieran

Comment

Working...
                          X