5exi seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5exi seats

A recent purchaser of a 5exi has asked me what seats other owners have fitted to their cars. Those fitted in his are very uncomfortable. He is particularly interested if anyone has fitted seats from production cars such as MGF, MX5 or RX8 for example.

Re: 5exi seats

Hi, I believe that Lotus Elise and to a lesser extent, Vauxhall VX220 seats have been fitted to 5exi's.
    You could buy Marlin seats with the cutout but these were expensive and with no news to what is happening to the model, you are unlikely to get a hold of them now..?
    I have Cobra Clubman bucket seats in mine, which are comfortable but the fixed back angle makes getting a good driving position difficult for me so I am currently looking at reclining BB6 seats from Bad boy Classics (bbclassics.co.uk).
    The main issue with any seat, besides seat height/mounting/weight /cost etc is that anything approaching 530mm across the shoulders will likely rub on the body panels. I've set a limit of 520mm for my search.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: 5exi seats

Thanks Leadfoot, I’ll pass that on to the chap who contacted me. Might convince him to join the club.

Comment

Working...
      X