Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina van gearbox

Message originally posted by: Tom Jefferis
    Has anyone come across this problem/concern when fitting a marina van gearbox to a roadster with marina 1800TC engine:

The first motion shaft although the same length as my last gearbox has the clutch splines in a slightly different position by about 1/2" Hopefully there is a picture attached.

Does this cause any problems, I know I need to run a 20 spline 203mm diameter centre clutch plate as my previous gearbox had 23 splines. There seems to be quite a lot of differences in the shaft diameters as well, is this going to cause a problem or do I just need to "suck it and see".

Also does anybody know the ratios on the van gearbox?

Many thanks
    Tom

Re: Marina van gearbox

photo attached hopefully now don't know why it didn't the first time?

Comment

Photo doesn't want to attach, its only 276kb and shows the problem/concern well. If anybody wants me to email it to them I would really like some help.

Comment

Tom,
        First I have to say that I'm not aware of any Marina van that had a 1800 engine,but someone may have other info I'm not privvy to.
        With regard to the relative position of the splines this sounds almost identical to the problems encountered with fitting a Triumph Dolomite box in that the splines are 12mm shorter than those encountered on the marina. Some members that have used this gearbox as a direct replacement have experienced 'clutch drag'
        As for the ratios- again my info is that the van used same gearbox as saloon in 1300 cc guise, it was rear diff ratio that changed.
        The ratio were : Top-4.11:1,Third 5.89:1,second 8.68:1, First14.02:1

Comment

Working...
        X