X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster

Message originally posted by: Alastair Cameron
    Hi

Im new to kit cars. I have bought a marlin roadster based on a marina. I want to find out more about how to get it on the road. It has just been built and so has no SVA certificate. What is the cost of obtaining such a certificate and is the inspection hard to pass. Also, what sort of price is the inspection?
    I have also heard that you can just simply re-register the car as a marina marlin and insure, mot and tax on that basis. is this right???

any view / replies greatfully recived.

Regards,

Alastair

Re: Marlin Roadster

Alastair,
    Welcome to the world of kit cars. First job for you is to get your hands on the SVA manual. You will need to make sure that your car has been built with all the points in mind so that it will pass. The Marina based Marlin was not designed with SVA in mind so some clever design will be required. However there are a few owners who have recently succeeded in an SVA pass so it is definitely possible. Remember also that once your car has passed there is no reason why some things can not be "undone" as it were.
    You will also need all the relevant paperwork so make sure all this is correct.
    As for reregistering as a marina marlin - no chance. Not unless you no something the rest of us don't!!
    Good luck. If you wish to talk Marlins then give me a ring on 01225 341 033
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Working...
    X