• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greyV8pete
    replied
    Re: Changing rear lights to LED

Originally posted by stewartdjones View Post
    I have alway been concerned about of light coming from the original supplied units from Marlin (bottom in pic) so I decide to change to LED.
    I purchased from Car Builders Solutions two slimline units ref: RL89 £25 the pair, (middle in pic) fitted them much better.
    Whilst driving at night I was still not happy so decided to search again, following discussions with other kit car owners they suggested the following lights, again from CBS ref: RL93 £34 the pair (stop/tail) and RL90 £35 the pair (indicator) top in pic and they fit within the stainless shield.
    You will need a resistor for each LED indicator CBS ref: RESPAK3 £6 each.
    The result was very much better and now cars following me can see me much clearer
    I bought some like the top photo at Donington a few years ago now. They are still in a box waiting for a round tuit! I also bought some white/ flashing amber ones for the front so that I could “just” swap the flasher and hazard relays and not need the extra resistors. As that means taking out the steering wheel and column switches (yet again) I somehow always find something more attractive to work on! Yes you do need extra replacement reflectors so I planned to stick some on the bumpers, near the inner bolts, so they were at approx 90 deg to the car but still within the legal distance from the side of the car.

Leave a comment:

• stewartdjones
    replied

Yes, one each side

Leave a comment:

• scott h
    replied

Will you need to fit reflectors to be legal, the other two lights have them included?

Leave a comment:

• stewartdjones
    started a topic Changing rear lights to LED

Changing rear lights to LED

I have alway been concerned about of light coming from the original supplied units from Marlin (bottom in pic) so I decide to change to LED.
    I purchased from Car Builders Solutions two slimline units ref: RL89 £25 the pair, (middle in pic) fitted them much better.
    Whilst driving at night I was still not happy so decided to search again, following discussions with other kit car owners they suggested the following lights, again from CBS ref: RL93 £34 the pair (stop/tail) and RL90 £35 the pair (indicator) top in pic and they fit within the stainless shield.
    You will need a resistor for each LED indicator CBS ref: RESPAK3 £6 each.
    The result was very much better and now cars following me can see me much clearer
    Attached Files
Working...
X