Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRN540Y - where are you?

Hello,

I'm the original builder of the metallic blue Cologne engined Cabrio registration CRN540Y. I check it on the DVLA occasionally and i've seen its SORN with an expired MOT.

I regret selling the car , and if its no longer in circulation i would be interested in trying to track it down with a view to buying it back and getting it back on the road. I only sold it about 11 years ago becasue our two year old was in tears when she couldn't come with me and my partner for a drive on my 40th birthday, we should have just waited a few years.

If anyone has any details please PM me, i'm in Burnley, Lancs.

Thanks,

Andrew
    Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
    Briefly owned Marlin Berlinetta Q670XBB for about 4 months in 2012
    Did own SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering
    Now own Marlin Sportster with 3.5L BMW straight six powerplant P764DOD - proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Re: CRN540Y - where are you?

Just remembered that I saw the car in some photos and video Terry Matthews posted on Facebook from Stoneleigh in 2019 if that helps jog anyone’s memory. I’ve checked and it’s still on the Marlin Sportscars Facebook feed showing it parked next to some other Cabrios.

It’s dark Plymouth blue mica metallic with a grey leather interior.
    Original builder of SWB Cabrio chassis no. 04-33 reg. no. CRN540Y - had a 2.8L Cologne V6 when I sold it in 2011
    Did own SWB Marian 1800TC Roadster Q741LPP - modified for trials by Fourtune Engineering
    Now own Marlin Sportster with 3.5L BMW straight six powerplant P764DOD - proof that absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Comment

It’s listed on the gallery here, have you seen that pic?
      - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
      - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
      - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
      - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
      - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Yes - that’s from after I sold it.

Comment

I've done a bit of Googling / digging and now have a bit more info. The V5C shows the last change in 2011 which is when i sold it. My memory has an inkling that the couple I sold it to were from the Shropshire region. I've found a picture of CRN540Y parked on a street tagged as being in Ironbridge in 2017. And a late 2011 edition of Pitstop has a new member name of Kempson showing located in Telford, but with no model type identified. Does the above jog any memories that may help get me in touch with whoever owns the car? Thanks, Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X