X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Prototype Roadster on E-Bay

Message originally posted by: Robin Wells
    Hi All,

First of all it's great to see the MOC with a website and such a lively Forum - I've only just discovered it and look forward to going through all the discussions on the Roadster in the weeks to come...

I discovered this historically important Marlin Roadster protoype on UK Ebay this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/marln-kit-car_W0QQitemZ160023093341QQihZ006QQcategoryZ29750Q QtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It would appear to be one of Paul Moorhouse's two or three original prototypes before starting production of the Mk 1 Roadster in the early 80's.

I've had my LWB Mk 2 since 1986. I ordered it from the factory when still at school and built it (for the first time...!) in the school workshops. I now live in Dubai and the car is in the UK, but I run it every summer and still enjoy it very much.

I would love to buy this roadster, but don't have anywhere to put it in the UK, so maybe an MOC member would be interested...

Re: Early Prototype Roadster on E-Bay

I am not sure about it being an early prototype as it has doors - the first Triumph based roadsters didn't have doors - they came later. Still - a bargain at the moment at ?280 if it is correctly registered...

Comment

Working...
    X