Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Roadster Slave Cyl, Engine ?

Message originally posted by: Andrew O'Rourke
    I have just got a 1973 Marlin roadster serial number 21157 and need to know what type of motor/ trans it has. I right now nwwd a slave cylinder and do not know what to get? The motor is BL and has an overhead cam and the thermostat is on the front right side of the block, photo attatched and the slave is mounted on the left side and seems to fit into a round slot that looks to be cast into the blook, any ideas or sugestion please foward. And by the way if you ever visit the Big Apple I would like to offer a real tour of the city. Andy in New York

Re: Marlin Roadster Slave Cyl, Engine ?

Sounds like your motor is 1700cc 'O' series from Morris Ital from your description.Unfortunately your photo didn't make it! Seem to recall seeing a site on web for Marina Ital parts in the States but can't recall location. Due you know if car is short or longwheelbase model as top and sidesreens are different, but not the frame.There is a firm here in the UK that still have the patterns but it may prove more cost effective to have made locally. May be able to help with frame but need to check with my son to see if he still has it for sale.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Andrew O'Rourke
      What is the dimension of the short and long wheelbase models ?and I will tape measure it . Thanks for all your trouble, and while I\'m at it I guess i need to know how to get oil filters and such for regular maintiance, Plugs points caps and wires ? What do you think

Comment

Hello Andy. I'm running a LWB roadster which is powered by a 1700 OHC 'O'series engine so I might be able to offer specific advice if it turns out your lump is the same, as Alan suggests. As for routine consumables, they are readily avaialble here in the UK. The slave cylinder for the clutch might prove a little harder to source though. Try and post the photos again - just note the image size restriction.

Comment

hi Andy
          One source for parts-Marina man,1107 Angel Drive ,Alexander ,AR 72002-7015

Comment

Hi Andy. I think it is more likely to be a SWB if its a 73. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think the LWB are later than that. Any idea how long its been in the USA?

Comment

Andy
              Easiest way to tell if car is short or longwheelbase is to measure length of doorfrom top hinge to rearmost edge-swb is about 28 inches, longwheelbase approx 33 in. also forgot to mention that on the subject of soft top you will require a cant rail to fit to forward edge of hood material[glassfibre moulding] this enables hood to be secured to windscreen frame

Comment

Hi Andy, do you have a build manual with your Roadster?
                If not I've got it as a .pdf file and can post it to you with pictures of my build which might help you make and fit a hood and sidescreens (all on a CD)

Comment

Message originally posted by: andrew O'Rourke
                  Thanks for all the great advice,I live in New York and beleive the car came to the states in 1979 and am trying to get in touch with the gent that brought it over.He was a Shriner and just used it in parades and such, it has 6500 miles and I will try to send along a photo. Thanks Martin I would love to get a build manual , and please feel free to send to aorourk104(at)earthlink.net. I will check on the length of the door as soon as I get home.This car is so cool, my neighbor probably think I'm having a midlife chrisis, probably true, To all, Thanks and have a great day Andy in New York

Comment

Working...
                  X