No announcement yet.

Clutch Kit & Slave Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CSS on the end of that link is 'Out of Stock'... believe me I looked EVERYWHERE to find one of these - even breakers, to no avail. Supply & Demand at it's very best!

Comment

Originally posted by impaul View Post
      The CSS on the end of that link is 'Out of Stock'... believe me I looked EVERYWHERE to find one of these - even breakers, to no avail. Supply & Demand at it's very best!
      My apologies, missed the out of stock.

Comment

Many thanks to all who replied. Update... have a new Starter coming, sourced that gold plated CSC, my man is getting the flywheel off to make sure I'm getting the correct clutch plate & cover - found 2 firms to do this, so with a bit of luck, Margaret should be back on the road shortly!

Comment

You have to think there are going to be a few classic Scorpio owners with the 2.3 DOHC who will struggle when their clutch goes! DVLA suggests there are still quite a few on the road.

Comment

Researching the 2.3 DOHC further, apparently it is a enlarged bore version of the 2.0 DOHC that originally appeared in the last of the Sierra's. I wonder if the CSC and also the clutch is the same as that of the 2.0 DOHC engine, that's of course assuming it used the same MT75 gearbox?

Perhaps searching for parts for the 2.0DOHC will reveal cheaper prices for the parts (obviously comparing dimensions of the parts ).

Comment

Originally posted by Ye Ol Ripper View Post
              Researching the 2.3 DOHC further, apparently it is a enlarged bore version of the 2.0 DOHC that originally appeared in the last of the Sierra's. I wonder if the CSC and also the clutch is the same as that of the 2.0 DOHC engine, that's of course assuming it used the same MT75 gearbox?

Perhaps searching for parts for the 2.0DOHC will reveal cheaper prices for the parts (obviously comparing dimensions of the parts ).
              Spec sheets from a couple of Scorpio sites suggest that they are. The problem is the smaller engine used the same parts!

Comment

An update on my update. Slave - sourced, starter - sourced, clutch - sourced IF I can confirm the engine code of my 2.3 Scorpio powered Hunter.

Can anyone confirm what my engine code is likely to be, or, failing that, where I can find it stamped on the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Following on from my previous post... does anyone know also where the VIN plate is likely to me on the Hunter. Thanks.

Comment

As indicateed by the yellow arrow.
                    Yours I believe is T4 154, but I do not have a record of the other numbers/letters
                    Please PM or email me with them and I will explain
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by dcunn; 22-03-23, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Hi Dave. Will these numbers get me to my engine code?... this is what I'm after at the end of the day. I can source a new clutch but they need the engine code to confirm it will fit as they are non returnable and £275?

Comment

My 'top' number looks like T4 150

Comment

Sorry, no they won't...you need someone more knowledgeable than I to sort that out !

EDIT : Just a thought but I seem to remember that the plate in front of the T4 one on my Hunter (as in pic)was Ford so
                          would that have what you need ?

If yours is T4150 then I have a database error, so please get back to me with the full set of numbers/letters
                          Thanks DC
                          Last edited by dcunn; 23-03-23, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Isn't the engine number on the V5?
                            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
                            X