Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marina based Roadster - lower suspension arm angle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina based Roadster - lower suspension arm angle.

Am I correct in saying that the lower suspension arm is roughly horizontal under normal conditions?
    I don't have an engine in yet or wheels on the car so trying to get some idea.
    I have the static measurements from the building instuctions, but would just like some idea of where it should sit when on the road!
    Cheers, Robin

Think you'll find that the outer end of the arm is lower than the inner .

Comment

20200703_143458.jpg
      Hope this helps visualize it. Note though that mine is lower than most at the front which makes the lower arms flatter than normal. If you go to the trouble of calculating the roll centre it should be the same height at the front as the centre of the diff.
      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I can measure height difference later today, but surely depends on whether the car is going to be low, or high as a trials car would be?

Comment

Thanks all. I was just trying to get some idea. I have adjustable tie rods and I am just trying to set the length so that the torsion bar is not under any lateral strain when the suspension is at normal height.
          Once that is OK I can think about adjusting it for real to try and get the elusive steering self centering....

Comment

Do you still need this info? Mine is 45 mm higher at the inboard end when sitting on it's wheels . I could do it unloaded if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by rhysnolan View Post
              Do you still need this info? Mine is 45 mm higher at the inboard end when sitting on it's wheels . I could do it unloaded if you want?
              Thanks. That's usefull and about what I guessed (2"). I was just trying to check the front suspension was roughly correct before I fitted the reaction levers to the end of the torsion bars. They are a bit of a b8gger to fit and I was trying to avoid having to adjust it again once the engine was in.
              Unloaded actually isn't that usefull as the dampers limit the "droop" anyway.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X