• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini heater

Alan, are you OK?

Comment

Hi Sue
      Not doing too bad thanks Sue, had a second visit to hospital with reoccurance,just waiting on date for operation to solve the problem

Comment

I don't know if it is too late to suggest it but I didn't put slot covers over the windscreen outlet slots (twas I that designed and built the Sierra matrix based heater). I simply cut the slots (about 1/8&quot and carefully sanded them so that the edges are rounded. I then bolted the fishtails to the fibreglass so that all you see are two small stainless capheads at each end of the slots. I also used the Sierra outlet for the forward facing heater ports and 1.25" plastic waste pipe (sprayed black for the footwell nozzles (I didn't glue them so they can be swivelled). The Sierra 3 speed controller is on the right and works as it should. What I do regret is not putting a control valve into the copper piping that I used to plumb the heater to/from the engine as it gets too hot at times. The only saving grace of too much heat transfer is that in the summer and caught in a traffic jam, it dumps masses of hest and helps to stop boiling over. A couple of tips for what it's worth - make sure you get your glue well spread if you are veneering. You can see the results (all the bubbling) even with 6 coats of varnish, if you don't. I could inject glue into each bubble and flatten them one by one (a job for the summer). The other thing is if you treat yourself to one of the aluminium tax disk holders, DON'T put it in the bottom left of the screen - it's a pain in the ***** getting the screws undone to change the tax disc
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks Keith - thats really useful - i like the dash layout too - has given me some good ideas.

Comment

Well 2 years on! I decided to have another go down the mini heater route (because someone gave me another one!). Because my transmission tunnel is higher than the standard roadster I was about a 1/2" out. So...I took the grinder to the casing and cut a bit out of the top and made it flat - still enough room for the fan to whizz round. Now it fits in nicely. Am currently toying with a cable solution so I can keep the demisters and bottom outlet but IVA wont like the current knob on its little plinth.

Comment

Working...
            X