Roadster Inertia Reel Seatbelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roadster Inertia Reel Seatbelts

HI Steve, thanks for teh quick response, yes the arrow is where I want to put the lower bracket - so will do that. I like the idea of a simpple corner plate for the stalk, that would save having to reinforce the floor for the seat wouldnt it ? as long as the stalk is long enough and the seat cant come too far forward I guess.

Comment

The stalks come in lots of lengths, it should be feasable to get one that fits your needs.
      It would seem a bit odd if two of the fixings are of a solid construction and the third being slightly suspect.

Comment

you are right Steve. I have now made some beefy plates forthe stalks and will place them when the seats are in position to get a good fixing. I have just put some pics up on flikr too http://www.flickr.com/photos/37267850(at)N08/
        next to get the windscreen frame smooth and painted.

Comment

That link failed until I realised you had typed (at) instead of (at).
          Is that a custom designed post or a Marlin part?
          A picture grabbed from ebay shows another Roadster seatbelt top mount option. But it does not give any indication of how the bottom of the post is fixed.
          Attached Files

Comment

the seatbelt post is a genuine marlin part yes, It has two pieces of 2mm steel going backwards which are bolted together to triangulate it. The bottom of the upright is bolted with an 8.8 bolt through the parcel shelf. I also welded it :-)
            For IVA the bolt through the upright tube wont do as it has to be sleeved. I added 3mm brackets (from securon)to position the reel slightly more conveniently. These are welded on all sides. Force on the reel is directed upwards whereas its at a combined angle (vector) on the other mounts so this will be fine in physics terms - i just hope the inspector agrees! I also welded all the nuts so that they are captive, the IVA says you are advised to do this.

Comment

Working...
            X