Marina 1.3 Pre-engaged Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina 1.3 Pre-engaged Starter

Hi, Has anyone got a Marina 1.3 pre-engaged starter they don't won't, I could really do with one. Adrian

Re: Marina 1.3 Pre-engaged Starter

adrian. theres plenty on fleabay just type in marina starter motor. prices from £20.00

Comment

Hiya, I have had a look at all these and they are either for the 1.8 or 1.7 engine , unfortunately not the 1.3. If anyone has a 1.3 pre-engaged motor I would be very interested in buying it off them. Adrian

Comment

I bought one from a local accessory shop - they seemed to have no problems getting it and I would imagine worst case most places could get your rebuilt - perhaps a bit more than £20, but I seem to remember it being about £35 exchange. Add postage to a second hand one and I am not sure you will save much.

Comment

Thinking about it not sure mine was pre-engaged, which might add to the cost a bit ...

Comment

Andy, can you remember the local accessory shop name as Harrow is not a million mikes from me. Adrian

Comment

Adrian - I am actually in Bristol. The one that I used at the time was called Bitz-Z-Cars which have sadly now closed down, but there are others around here like Brights Auto Center who I am sure could get one - but I would have thought most "traditional" car accessory shops would have a local contact that could at least get yours reconditioned.

Comment

When I sheared off the battery connection stud on my starter I took it down to Lucas in Brighton and found a man with a handful of spare parts who repaired it for me FOC.
                Have you a Lucas office near you, perhaps its a national Customer service policy.

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies and I will be following up the local accessory idea and I think we have a lucas office in Hemel, so will try that as well. I will keep you informed. Adrian

Comment

Hiya, If anyone has got a 1.3 with a pre-engaged starter motor can you give me the numbers on the side as the part number in the book cannot be found by anyone. The numbers I would like are on the starter motor itself not the ones on the solonoid. Many thanks. Adrian

Comment

Adrian.

Earl Parts have stock @ £35 each. See there extensive website for all Marina Parts and contact details.

Comment

hi adrian
                        found some lucas part numbers for starter motors,
                        austin/morris ital 1.3 cr 5" pcd 9 or 10 tooth inertia 1980 to 1984. part number LRS 127
                        austin/morris marina 1.3 cr 5" pcd 2 holes 9 or 10 tooth inertia 1971 to 1978 part number LRS 101.
                        THESE ARE LUCAS B90 EXCHANGE UNITS.
                        any other info i will galdly help. bob

Comment

Thanks very much indeed. Adrian

Comment

Have you tried Midnight Motors in St Albans road in watford?

Comment

Working...
                            X