Wiper Motor - Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Motor - Wiring

I am re-wiring my Beri and have removed the harness - stated mildly it was a sprawling mess of wire from the donor vehicle and the electrics were somewhat unreliable.

When I took the wires off the wiper motor, I thought simple - earth and a terminal for slow and one for fast - how innocent!

I assume that the wiper motor is also from the donor vehicle - which I take to be a Mark III Cortina. The wiper motor has no makers name, but hopefully one of you experts will recognise it.

Earth to 1 gives rotation of the motor - but I can't get life out of any other combinations.

I am doing the wiring from basics as opposed to buying a pre-made harness and need to know in simple line diagram terms how to wire it so that I get the two speeds and park (I think that it did do an automatic park).

Alan
    Attached Files

Re: Wiper Motor - Wiring

Hi Alan

Take a look at the tech stuff at th bottom of
    http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/prod_wipers.html

Comment

This might also help
      Attached Files

Comment

Oops
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Keith,
          Many thanks for the website address and the diagram - with apologies for my slow reply (something to do with a day jobs and I have to confess sub zero conditions in the garage making indoors a somewhat more comfortable place to be).
          I have made the attached notes partly to clarify for anyone following this thread that 1 (in my previous diagram) is actually 1slow & 1fast.
          The approach, I believe, does not need a relay as the amperage should be 1.5A on the assumption that it’s a 18W motor.
          With an exchange with a friend, the penny dropped on how the self park worked. I was confused why the various diagrams did not specify which order connections go to 2 & 3 - but as the diagram explains, it does not matter which way around they are.
          I have yet to bench test the approach, and would welcome any comments.
          Hopefully I will soon be installing with (as another members post suggests) cocktail sticks and Blu Tack to get the arm positions sorted!

Alan

Comment

Sorry - I attached a PDF which does not appear to open - here are is the diagram and the updated photo as JPEG.

Alan
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X