Grenada 7.5" differential.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenada 7.5" differential.

Hello folks. I am currently fitting a 4.27:1 grenada diff replacing a noisy 3.92 sierra item.
    This has a wider casing and is 7.5" across long lower bolt casting. The manual says it is drilled for this. Anyone any idea what spacers , how long and where, are used. Do you need to modify casing ribs ?
    Judging by previous diff question you may wonder what am I doing. Answer, engine is a 16v scorpio 2 litre ( tuned to 190bhp), which ran on 15" wheels, so it should be just the ticket. I Estimate cruise 70mph at 3700 rpm, which is just below when the cam kicks in. Therefore much more flex in top, and even better acceleration!
    Any help re brackets etc welcomed>

Re: Grenada 7.5" differential.

Johnathan

Just happen to have a 7.5 diff on by bench with the marlin diff brackets and spacer fitted. See pictures

There is a great ratio speed calculator you can download from the technical section of www.gearboxman.co.uk which will calculate speeds for different gearbox and diff combinations.

John
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Grenada 7.5" differential.

Thanks John. Further inspectionseemed to produce a 7" diff. Tried all combinations of spacer(from original kit) but nothing would work. Seems like extra stiffeners on casing preventing bracket fitting. Gentle use of grinder has allowed all to go together. Diff carrier taken off was completely U/S(No wonder it clonked) but also quite rough to turn(whine). New diff really excellent. and working out just as had hoped. A must for all 4cyl cars. Apparently the mounting is a problem and can be replaced by a properly engineering item from Graham Gould racing. Not cheap, but unbreakable. I am so good at swapping diffs now I will wait till this standard one starts to knock! Thanks for help. Jonathan

Comment

Working...
      X