First Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Drive

I am going for the slowest build record for a Cabrio - after 6 years I have just got the engine going, and now have lowered my Cabrio on to its wheels for the first time..................and now I've had my first drive too!
    Oh the excitement. A 6 cylinder engine is a joyous sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will not have seen anyone else's Marlin launched like this.............................guaranteed!

My Cabrio chassis was lifted on to a home made set of chassis stands and has never come down since. They were excellent and made working under the car so eas...
    Last edited by Mike; 24-01-12, 11:55 AM.

Re: First Drive

you must be so happy, so you can not be to far away from a IVA test ? Are you. What is left to do ?

Comment

Does that mean that I hold the current record of 7 years in build? Unless somebody knows better.......

Comment

Congratulations!!!
        There really is nothing like a first time drive in a car built or rebuilt by yourself – mixture of woe, apprehension and sheer delight!
        Have fun!

Comment

Brilliant! Well done - what an achievement!

Comment

Originally posted by chris.cussen View Post
            Does that mean that I hold the current record of 7 years in build? Unless somebody knows better.......
            I'm getting close then Chris..................If I can achieve IVA around July this year it will be 6.5 years!

Comment

I think I can beat with Chris on 7 years bought 1992 SVA 2002
              -no rush

Comment

Hi All - What's the rush? My green Cabrio took 12 years from buying the kit to passing SVA. And then I had to dismantle again for painting! Take your time and enjoy it - Dave

Comment

Working...
                X