Hunter Speedo under reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Speedo under reading

Whilst idly checking against satnav on the way back from Stoneleigh, shock !

Speedo under reading by 3-4 mph around 30mph, and double that around 70 mph............but I guess that's not unexpected.
    If it's out at lower speeds there will be a proportionally higher disparity at higher speeds.

I believe it is illegal to have an "under-reader" ?

Any other Hunter guys had this ? I'm running on new 195 Goodyears

Solution ?

Rgds DC

Re: Hunter Speedo under reading

Hi dc you will need to calabrate your speedo as its the same as mine I have some instructions somewhere to do this I'll ratch them out it's quite simple to do

Comment

Thanks Lee, we're away for a couple of days in the car so shall have to be careful !!!!!!!!!!
      I'll check here on my return..unless you send stuff to my email
      B Rgds DC

Comment

i think most newer cars these days are out slightly on the speedo.

Comment

yes, speedo is allowed to read up to 10% too fast but not a jot too slow.

Comment

Hi Lee
            my cabrio speedo also reads 10% slow.
            Please can you send me a copy of your recallibration instructions?
            Thanks
            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
              Hi dc you will need to calabrate your speedo as its the same as mine I have some instructions somewhere to do this I'll ratch them out it's quite simple to do
              Hi Lee.
              My Hunter is on 205/55 16 Toyos and reads about 8% fast. It has a speedo fitted at POB by Marlin and has the Marlin logo on the dial plus a fuel pump logo. I would also appreciate your recalibration info please, assuming it is for this model speedo. Many thanks. Peter.

Comment

Hi Lee. As per my PM can you please let me have details about the recalibration of the speedo on my Hunter, so I can fine tune it for the 3.38 diff. many thanks. Peter.

Comment

Hope this helps
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee. This info is for the speedos that have a magnetic pick up. Unfortunately my speedo (Marlin Logo and fuel pump logo on the dial face) is cable driven off the L/R Disco R380 gearbox. Is any adjustment possible with this type? Peter.

Comment

Hi Peter thought you had digital, as mine are Marlin faced also, must of changed them. Speedy cables are your only option, to re- calibrate it. Last one I got done was about £60 but it needs removed and sent away. If you contact them they are very good and you can tip your dash up to get at the screws so not that bad to get out. Hey why not get you fuel gauge calibrated also ? Save the stick carrying in the boot.

Comment

Thanks for the info Lee. And to think I thought the job was finished! Silly me. Peter.

Comment

I believe the Marlin Electronic Speedos are made by ETB.

Comment

Hi Peter thought you had digital, as mine are Marlin faced also, must of changed them. Speedy cables are your only option, to re- calibrate it. Last one I got done was about £60 but it needs removed and sent away. If you contact them they are very good and you can tip your dash up to get at the screws so not that bad to get out. Hey why not get you fuel gauge calibrated also ? Save the stick carrying in the boot.
                            Has anyone used Speedy Cables lately? If you Google them plus "Reviews" some of the Cobra club said in 2011 that their service had gone down the tubes back then. As an alternative idea Europa Spares do a tailor made range of speedo (link below) which is a really attractive option, that is until you get to the price ticket (and add on the price of the sender unit)! Peter.

Online shop and mail order for classic car, vintage, kit car race car and motorsport parts and accessories quality service trading for 40 years.

Comment

Hi Peter tried to call but no answer, speedograph ritchfield on 0115 926 4235 I have spoken to them £75 for a recalibration if it can be done it all depends once they open it up. If they can't then then you will need a cable gearbox in your cable that is £85 all prices include vat and pp
                              Hope this helps
                              Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X