Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: do you know how to do

Hello all

It is very funny and informative to read your answers….
    I enjoy the mechanic for the price of a beer , very good deal....
    Just to introduce myself, I was born and spent 30 years of my life in Calais, Dover was my neighbour, so beer and pubs are two things that I love….
    Now, after 20 years in the south of France, I realise that wine and sunshine are two other very nice things.
    So after beer, pubs, sun and wine, a Marlin car is additional happiness.
    So, next weekend, I'll attempt to disassemble the rear hub with press.
    If I succeed, I’ll drink a beer to your health ..
    I'll let you know
    Last edited by Darcphil34; 10-12-12, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I don't know about the others but sitting hear in my office with freezing fog out side the window I am dreaming of a trip in my Marlin down to the south of France to see how you are getting on and maybe a wine or three in the local cave. Heaven!!!!!

Comment

Hello all

for now, please don't dream, it is freezy here too.....
        but it will not last a long time. Sunday it was a beautiful ride bikes with my son, surrounded by vineyards, on small country roads ... just a little coffee after an hour to warm up .... I
        i forgot to tell you : I do not put gloves when I ride ...
        aie, ouille, gasp please do'nt hurt on my head !!!!!
        this is not Printfriendly to be French, so , i must have some small compensations....
        The south of France is pleasant but I take my family to London between Christmas and New Year's Day
        I dream of fish and chips, pints of beer, english way of live and English spirit ...

if one day you come in the south of France, your Marlin and you will be welcome

Happy Holidays and New Year to all

about, is there a brake parts seller in London, it would save me the postage and I could give a gift to Maryline for christmas ....

Comment

Problem is that a lot of parts dealers shut between Christmas and New Year

Comment

Perhaps a good place to start would be Quiller Triumph http://www.quillertriumph.co.uk/

They stock brake parts for Triumph Dolomite that uses many of the same parts as a Marina/Ital
            New & Used Parts For Classic Triumph Cars, shipped worldwide. Established over 30 years.

The internal parts of a Dolomite rear axle and differential are also the same as a Marina/Ital so you they should also sell replacement bearings and seals.

They are not so easy to find
            Your Satnav will probably direct you from the A206 Plumpstead Road into White Hart Road. There is currently Railway bridge works and White Hart Road is closed to traffic.
            Their location can be found at 51°29'29.21"N 0° 5'32.40"E
            Check with them for the best route.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the address and the catalog, I will finish dismantling the rear axle this weekend and order parts.
              For my London week, no problem with traffic, I will travel with Ryanair and then double decker bus + oyster card..
              and if i'm rich enough, a little way on a cab...........from a pub to another...but also museums.....covent garden....oxford streed....pub....camden..
              a nice family trip i hope..

Comment

you were wright

a 20 tons press succed perfectly
                a big "BANG" and everything was dissassembled
                thanks for your help !!!

Comment

Working...
                X