Marina Steering Rack.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina Steering Rack.

I am aware of Earlparts listing but without reference to BL/Triumph part numbers it does not take us very much further in explaining the differences. Assuming the parts are POA because they are no longer available,we wont be able to buy some to do a dimesional comparison. Being a first class sceptic, I wonder where they found their rack lengths from, could it simply be a continuation of a previous poor measurement or something taken from another (this or fastmarina etc) source.

Comment

Hi Adrian, Many thanks for your attachments, I didn't have the top wishbone drawing. My original thought was not about the length of the steering rack as I agree that .025" isn't going to make any real life difference but the height of the rack relative to the steering arms. I've never seen a rack that isn't pretty much horizontally aligned with the steering arms. Brian.

Comment

Hiya

Maybe someone with a Roadster that is sitting on the ground may be able to help with a picture to clarify.

Anyone out there can help???

Adrian
        Last edited by listerjp2; 15-04-13, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Ok here are some shots of a Marlin under construction .

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0018.jpgIMG_0019.jpgIMG_0020.jpgIMG_0025.jpg

Comment

One last bit that may help from the manual

LastScan.jpg

Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian, Many thanks for the photos, it looks as if eventually that Marlin did achieve a track rod position parallel to the ground which is what you need ideally. Thanks also for the drawing of the initial set up of the bottom arm and torsion bar, could be the root of the problem. With a splendid cooling fan like that he probably got a bit of aerodynamic assistance as well ! Brian.

Comment

No worries Brian good luck and keep us infomed.

Adrian

Comment

Working...
                X