Clutch Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Cable

I need to adjust or replace the clutch cable on my recently acquired Sierra based Cabrio but can't actually see, let alone get to, the top of the clutch pedal. Does the Cabrio use the notoriously unreliable auto adjuster? I'm guessing it does because I can't see any means of adjustment at the clutch end on the bell housing. My car is fitted with the 8V DOHC engine with MT75 gearbox. Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: Clutch Cable

Hi Mr Editor I think I may have one in the garage I can check for you.

Comment

Use the Roadster instead
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Ben now why would he want to do that he has a proper car a cabrio

Comment

Lee, At least he drives his !!! and not parked up in the garage in case it gets dusty or even wet .......

Comment

And I built it myself!!
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Now, now boys! Any help appreciated Lee.

Comment

Hi Geoff, Your car has the adjustement on the quadrant on the top of the pedal and should self adjust given a few good prods. Danny.

Comment

Hi Geoff I am a little tied up thrashing about the north west I will get you some pictures tomorrow night (Sunday)
                  Cheers lee

Comment

Hi Geoff. I replaced the adjuster quadrant on my sierra but found that the problem was elsewhere. Either the pawl spring was weak or misplaced or the pawl was binding on its pivot. It was a long time ago. However I think I still have the original (servicable) parts. Let me know if you need them and I will have a search in my "may come in handy box". Peter.

Comment

Hi Geoff, forgot to mention. an after market kit was available to allow the use of the cable that adjusts at the bellhousing. I have never been keen on the one at the pedal in the Cabrio, wear, plastic etc. It might be worth checking with Burton, and Rally design to see if the product is still available. Nick Tisdale had this fitted on his Sierra Berly and there was a manufacturers sticker on the pedal box. Just a thought.
                      Danny.

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'm going to be away for e few days now but when I get back I'll have another attempt to look at the top of the pedal and see whats going on.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                        X