Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabrio front shocks

Hi
    Yes im hoping there is a little bit of adjustment left on the spring seat. not very optimistic though .I looked up some old blogs re rear ride hight ,it seems to be a regular problem .
    I would like to change the wheels too some thing with a few more spokes.the PCD is 112 on the Scorpio hubs but somehow it has PCD 114 wheels fitted ??Caused some confusion at the local wheel shop.

Comment

Sorry to say (local wheel shops dont know much about Marlins if anything) There is not a large range of after market alloys available in 5 stud /PCD to suit. The Cabrio was designed around wheels of 15inch dia typical width of rims 6 to 7 inches, offset between 23 to 30mm. Some builders changed to 4 stud hubs as there is a better choice of alloys available. Some builders changed to larger dia wheels with a lower profle tyre. All a matter of personal choice. Donor Sierra/ Scorpio.

Comment

Re: Cabrio front shocks and rear.

Sunny hot and busy...what a good weekend.Marlin back on its wheels.Spax adjustable shockers fitted to the rear at last the new lower metal bush was easy to replace and all was easy peasy.The ride is now firmer and I have tried 3settings up to now and settled on 4 clicks..
        The new fuel pump is a little quieter but still not quiet enough.
        So I decided to strip out the boot and see what was in the floor !,, not a lot a bit of ill fitting ply wood and a very thin carpet.
        The boot was not sealed either so set to and sealed the edges and secured the ply floor ,tided the wiring and used the sound insulation I had bought for the Lotus Elise a couple years ago.
        Then took out the carpets behind the seats and insulated the floor there too. Hey presto quiet fuel pump .All in all a vary satisfactory result.
        Peter.

Comment

Re: Cabrio front shocks etc.

New wheels fitted today but alas not seen the car .In bed with house maids knee!!
          Too much kneeling at the weekend while cutting the sound insulation ,how something with such an innocent name can be so painful I don't know..
          Can't drive at the moment so hope it gets better enough to attend the Derbyshire meet at the weekend.

Comment

Hi All
            I have been reading this string with interest having recently acquired a pinto engine swb cabrio. I currently have AVO shocks at the front, but the springs have clearly had it. I would appreciate any experience re spring rates for the replacements. My Caterham has run both 105lb as standard and 260lb uprated springs, but is clearly a lighter car. I was considering 250lb as a reasonable starting point - I know this subject is very subjective with preferences re ride comfort versus handling, but any thoughts would be gratefully received!!

Comment

Working...
            X