• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKK 989M still going strong...

Photo from a few weeks back.

6384932_orig.jpg
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Re: PKK 989M still going strong...

Great, happy motoring, them side screens look good wind deflectors

Comment

This was on the Old 3 counties tour organised by the Fellside auto club. An excellent weekend. 4 Marlins were included in the entry.
      Incidentally PKK is all marina and has an A series engine with Weber.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good to see PKK again, thanks for posting. If I see Clive (previous owner) I'll let him know.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.branson76 View Post
          with Weber.
          I often wondered why the bonnet bulge appeared, I built it with the single SU.
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

She's still going very well David, never missed a beat all weekend
            took in most of the south lakes including Wrynose pass, hard knot pass and Kirkstone pass ( must admit I was in first a few times)
            Great weekend cannot for next years run out

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Gordon View Post
              took in most of the south lakes including Wrynose pass, hard knot pass and Kirkstone pass ( must admit I was in first a few times)
              Good to hear from you Eric, maybe we'll get to do a run together one day.

My 'new' Marlin had its longest run out last weekend with the return trip to Stonleigh, my first visit in a Marlin since the 80's. Only a spot of damp in the ignition causing a blip that was soon fixed with some WD40 at Keith's suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Gordon View Post

I was just flipping through pics of prior cars as you do and came across one of PKK in her dark blue and ally colours from the 80's. I see the car isn't MOT'd at present and Eric isn't accepting PM's, anyone seen the car recently?

Comment

Yes
                  I saw it today round at Eric's
                  He and Lynne took it on a Fellside run last weekend. I'll see if I can find some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by T_Branson View Post
                    Yes
                    I saw it today round at Eric's
                    He and Lynne took it on a Fellside run last weekend. I'll see if I can find some photos.
                    Excellent, glad it’s not languishing in a garage somewhere!

Comment

Working...
                    X